Nicki Minaj addresses her delay in response to lawsuit against her and husband
Legal documents has been obtained from sources concerning lawsuit filed by Jennifer Hough over getting harrassed by Nicki Minaj s team for her to stop speaking about what has happened in the past. From the documents obtained, Mrs Minaj claims that it was an “innocent mistake” that should have been taken care of.
Nicki Minajs husband, Kenneth petty zoo was convicted for first degree attempted rape back in 1995 and he also refused to file as a sex offender back in LA. Around August, the victim sued Mrs Minaj’s family over harassment and intimidation. According to Hough, one of Minaj’s associates offered her a $20,000 bribe in order to get her to recant her rape claims.
Back in September, the victim came out on a YouTube interview on Thursday’s episode of daytime talk show,The Real to air her view and say her own Side of the strong. According to her, she was initially afraid of being known as the rape victim but it’s better to speak up than to stay after even if it affects her kids.
“I’m tired of being afraid,” Hough began in the interview. “I feel like the actions that were taken in regards to this whole situation have put me in a different type of fear at my age now. And it was wrong. And I don’t want to be afraid anymore. So the only way not to be afraid is to continue to speak up.” she said. According to Hough’s attorney, the reason for filing a lawsuit against the couple was due to harassment, intentional infliction of emotional distress, sexual harassment [and] sexual assault.
The victim added that another reason for the lawsuit is for the fact that “that they were wrong.” “You can’t do this to people,” said Hough. “You shouldn’t do this to people. He did something a long time ago and he had consequences he was supposed to stick with.”
Watch full video on YouTube:
Kicking back to the present, Hough’s attorney, Tyrone Blackburn, said last week that the time for Minaj and Petty to formally respond to the complaint had expired. Further after speaking on zoom, Nicki attested that an attorney, Judd burstien was agreed to represent her.
“My failure to respond to the complaint was the product of an innocent mistake, and I ask the court to excuse the delay so that I can defend what I believe to be an entirely frivolous case which [Blackburn’s] counsel has brought against me in an effort to use my name to generate publicity for himself,” she said. she also added that her husband never received a copy of the summons and complaints as it was reported that a “Black male, 40 years old, 200 lbs.” with black hair and brown eye had received them.
According to Nicki’s claims in the documents, she quoted that, “In fact, my husband is approximately 5’9” tall and weighs no more than 175 pounds. “Further, there is no person who resides in our house or who was present there on September 15, 2021, who fits the description contained in the affidavit of service.”According to Minaj’s attorney, the complaints are considered as proverbial deep pockets and should be dropped.